Quality is the foundation of our business and the aim of our Apprentice Quality Assurance Technician role is to promote and integrate quality into every aspect of our business by supporting the activity of the QA team. It is necessary to ensure that we are operating in full compliance with good operational practice, GMP and our standard operating procedures. You will report to the QA Technician and will perform quality tasks described in this document.
- £13,000 to £15,000 per year
- Full-time (37.5 Hours)
- Forth Valley
- SCQF Level 6
What will I learn?
- Work within Operational laboratories to reduce the risk of poor-quality findings and promote practices to achieve best practices
- To familiarise oneself with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and the quality management system within Tepnel, especially in terms of document management and control, handling of non-conformances and related incidents, internal and external audits, Self-inspection and asset management
- The control, handling and release of SOP’s and documentation
- To become involved in the Continuous Improvement programme of Tepnel
- To assist in the archiving process
- General Compliance within a Pharmaceutical industry organisation
- To familiarise themselves with Data Protection and GDPR rules and regulations
- To ensure that all communications reflect the professionalism expected of a customer-driven service industry
- The interests of the department are fully understood and acted upon
- Deadlines are met and satisfaction is clear
- To always present a professional manner when dealing with internal Staff/customers
- To undertake any other task that may reasonably be asked by the management of Tepnel Pharma Services Limited and that is consistent with the skill base or the previous job history of the employee
What qualifications or qualities are required?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Willingness to study for SVQ whilst working through Modern Apprenticeship programme
Two Highers – including Maths and a science subject (ideally Biology or Chemistry) and four Standard Grades at Level 3 or National 5 awards or above including English OR successful completion of a relevant access course or an appropriate group of National Qualification units.
Applicants who do not meet these criteria but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered.
- Some scientific knowledge, qualification, experience, or interest in matters scientific
- Self-starter with a “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic
- Excellent administration and organising skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic IT Skills and Navigation
- Ability to prioritise and act with initiative
- Excellent internal and external customer-facing skills
- Excellent communication at all levels with the ability to obtain results
- Creative/innovative with the ability to solve problems
- A-team player with a flexible work ethic
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to produce reliable, accurate data and keep accurate records