14 month virtual learning programme + End Point Assessment
£15,000 maximum funding available from Apprenticeship Levy
Data Analyst Apprenticeship Level 4
Data Analysts are typically involved with managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data, and conducting a range of analytical studies on that data.
The primary role of a Data Analyst is to collect, organise and study data to provide business insight.
Working across a variety of projects to provide technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders/customers issues, and document and report the results of data analysis activities making recommendations to improve business performance.
Data Analysts have a good understanding of data structures, database systems and procedures and the range of analytical tools used to undertake a range of different types of analyses
- Apprentices will extract, manipulate and visualise data, enabling organisations to answer complex questions and drive strategic value
- Apprentices will learn key data analysis concepts in Python through interactive workshops, followed by hands-on practice using K.A.T.E.®
- Apprentices will undertake work-based projects, allowing them to apply new skills to your business right away
- Apprentices will receive technical mentoring and be assigned a personal coach to support them through their whole journey
- At the end of the programme, apprentices will undertake exams to receive certification from the British Computer Society (BCS)
By the end of the programme, apprentices will be able to:
- Programme in Phyton and use data analysis tool such as Pandas and Numpy, as well as work with different data formats, types and databases such as SQL
- Use a range of analytics techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Quickly test and prototype code in a production environment, follow industry best practices, and use collaborative workflows
- Understand the architecture and engineering constraints of big data systems, and how to apply tools such as Hadoop and Spark to gather, process and analyse large amounts of data
- Identify, collate and migrate to/from a range of internal and external systems and perform database queries across multiple tables to extract data for analysis
- Summarise, present and make recommendations from the results of data analysis using data visualisation
- Apprentices must have a GCSE Grade A-C in Maths or equivalent, or have relevant work experience (exceptions may apply)
- Apprentices must have no prior data or computer science degree or related experience (exceptions may apply)
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence and those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration
Training provider analysis
The Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship, delivered by Cambridge Spark, is a new programme to the ATAC portfolio and a great opportunity to become part of an ATMP data analytics community
Cambridge Spark is a leader in transformational data science and AI training, career development and progression. Our pioneering, customer-focused, training programs are built on our proprietary AI-powered platform, KATE, and accelerate the tech capability of both individuals and organisations. We also advance tech careers through our EDUKATE.AI platform.
This programme runs intakes roughly every two months. To find out more about this apprenticeship, visit Cambridge Spark.