Programme: Technician Scientist, Level 5
Training Provider: University of Kent
Expected duration: 3 years
Closing date for applications: 22 January 2022
Potential start date: 28 March 2022
Click here to apply!
The Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult was established in 2012 as an independent centre of excellence to advance the growth of the UK cell and gene therapy industry, by bridging the gap between scientific research and full-scale commercialisation. With more than 250 employees focusing on cell and gene therapy technologies, it works with partners in academia and industry to ensure these life-changing therapies can be developed for use in health services throughout the world.
We offer leading-edge capability, technology and innovation to enable companies to take products into clinical trials and provide clinical, process development, manufacturing, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise.
Our aim is to make the UK the most compelling and logical choice for UK and international partners to develop and commercialise these advanced therapies.
The MS&T Technician roles at the CGT Catapult Manufacturing Innovation Centre in Braintree are required to directly support MS&T activities, which includes optimisation and characterisation of Manufacturing and Quality Control processes.
The MS&T Technicians will complete all department documentation in a manner compliant with the principle of ALCOA. i.e. Attributable, Legible, Contemporaneous, Original, and Accurate. The MS&T Technician will also be responsible for data entry and signing responsibility for in-laboratory actions. These records may include but are not limited to cell culture, filtration, purification, concentration, analytical and preparation steps.
- Execute direct activities e.g. cell culture, filtration, purification, concentration, analytical and preparation steps, in the MS&T laboratories in line with department SOPs and policy
- Complete area operations in line with department safety, COSHH, product and process Risk Assessments, and with all actions and control measures executed as required
- Maintain laboratory areas and equipment in a clean and safe manner according to relevant SOPs
- Contribute to the MS&T equipment and area planned maintenance and calibration activities as required
- Direct ALCOA compliant completion of all MS&T related documentation including Laboratory Notebooks and area/equipment logbooks
- Assist in the direct delivery of the agreed MS&T project plans
Experience / Competencies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to develop technical writing skills and execute work with a high level of attention to detail
- Knowledge of HSE
- Good IT skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong interest in cell and gene therapies
Click here to apply!