Programme: Technician Scientist, level 5
Training Provider: Cogent
Expected duration: 39 months
Closing date for applications: 27 June 2022
Interview date: July 2022
Click here to apply.
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role holder will rotate around 5 groups that form the Analytical Sciences team, spending approximately 4-6 months in each group, before specialising in a single group for the final year.
The 5 Analytical Sciences departments are:
- Analytical Development
- Molecular Biology and Bioassay (Analytical Molecular Biology)
- QC Microbiology
- Analytical Applications
Main Tasks of Job:
- Performing routine and cGMP testing for new product development programmes.
- Development, optimisation, validation, and transfer of analytical methods.
- Collaborate effectively across cross functional teams to deliver requirements of projects
- Compliance with all company systems and procedures.
- Understand and comply with HSE policies and procedures associated with working within a laboratory area and within a manufacturing facility.
- Health and Safety checks.
- Control of contaminated/hazardous waste disposal.
- Responsible for the following administration duties:
- Document Control
- Collation of metrics including sample submission
- Generate SOP’s and test instructions
- Receipt of chemicals and consumables
- Receipt of samples
- Check expiry dates of chemicals and consumables
- Archiving of data.
- General laboratory housekeeping on a daily basis:
- Stock Management
- Equipment maintenance and back up
- Laboratory cleaning
- Waste Disposal.
Typical Activities performed in each department
- Testing of samples to support Process Development.
- Supporting the development/ establishment of analytical methods focusing on UHPLC and Capillary Electrophoresis.
- Analytical method qualification and transfer.
- Physicochemical characterisation of samples to support Process Development
- Support the development/ establishment of characterisation methods focussing on Mass Spectrometry and biophysical characterisation
- Method Qualification
Molecular Biology and Bioassay:
- Biological characterisation of samples to support Process Development
- Support the development/ establishment of biological methods focussing on PCR, QPCR, plate-based methods, impurity analysis and biological characterisation
- Method Qualification, validation, transfer, release testing.
- Carry out the following laboratory tasks:
- Microbiology media receipt, testing, and release
- Utility sampling and testing, including TVC and endotoxin
- Environmental monitoring
- Microbial identification of isolates
- Learning clean room behaviours such as gowning and aseptic technique
- To perform routine testing for:
- Utility testing including TOC, Conductivity and Nitrates.
- Analytical development testing including techniques such as HPLC, electrophoresis and immunoassays.
- QC batch release and stability testing.
- Analytical method transfer.
Click here to apply.