RoslinCT are currently offering the exciting opportunity for a Modern Apprentice within Quality Assurance to join their rapidly expanding company. You will spend time in our Quality Assurance and Quality Control departments – learning from experts in the field accelerating the journey of therapies from labs to patients.
Based at the Edinburgh BioQuarter, RoslinCT is a leading Contract Manufacturing and Development organisation within the cell and gene therapy field, performing cutting edge manufacturing for clinical trials across Europe and the US. Their next few years will be our biggest yet, so you will have an exciting insight into the life of a growing company at the forefront of its field. Collaborative, dedicated and talented people are at the backbone of their culture, working both autonomously and in driven teams to make life-changing products utilising ground-breaking science.
This is an entry level position under the Modern Apprenticeship programme. You will hold:
- Two Highers – including Maths and a science subject (ideally Biology or Chemistry) and four Standard Grades at Level 3 or National 5 awards or above including English.
- Successful completion of a relevant access course or an appropriate group of National Qualification units.
- Applicants who do not meet this criteria but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered.
No previous work experience is required for this role, however a strong motivation to work in Science and the industry of Cell & Gene Therapies must be shown. You should demonstrate a strong commitment to our core values, and so should be:
- Passionate about customer satisfaction.
- Able to support a ‘one team’ approach.
- Capable of great communication.
- Committed to personal growth and development.
- Accountable for your work.
Start Date: September 2022
Location: Edinburgh BioQuarter, which acts as a hub for Scottish Life Science with close links to the University and the Royal Infirmary.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding company delivering life-changing therapies, RoslinCT offer:
- 31 days of annual leave, plus 4 public holidays – when you have been with the company for three years, you will receive an extra day holiday and when you reach 5 years, you’ll get an extra two days’ holiday.
- Competitive company pension scheme – the company contributes up to 8% of your salary (depending on length of service) to ensure that you are all set for the future.
- Group Life Cover – you are automatically covered for three times your basic salary to give you peace of mind for you and your family.
- Healthcare Cashback and Mental Health/Wellbeing support our Healthcare plan.
- Staff discounts on food, drink, electronics, entertainment and electricals.
- Access to our Cycle2Work Scheme so you can save up to 42% on a new bike to help with your commute and wellbeing.
- RoslinCT have a dedicated Social Committee and other regular company events such as BBQs, team drinks, quizzes, parties and 5-aside football.
- Career Progression & Training Opportunities are provided for all staff to help you achieve your goals and grow professionally and personally.
Why Work at RoslinCT?
1. At RoslinCT you will work as one team with the best, brightest and most passionate cell and gene therapy talent with a diverse range of skillsets, experience and perspectives.
2. Career Progression & Training Opportunities are provided for all of staff to help you achieve your goals and grow professionally and personally.
3. You will work with state-of-the-art scientific technology, processes and equipment to truly change patients’ lives.
4. RoslinCT offer industry leading employee benefits as well as working groups and social activities.
During your 4 days per week on site (one day per week will be spent at college undertaking your HNC/HND at Forth Valley College) you will work mainly within the Quality Assurance team, with some time spent with the Quality Control team, learning about the importance of quality and regulatory standards to cell and gene therapy manufacturing. A large focus of Quality work is documentation and data analysis/review.
Integrated into the Modern Apprenticeship will also be programmes covering the key workplace skills of communication, information technology, numeracy, working with others and teambuilding – your industry experienced college work-based assessor will support you in translating these to a Cell and Gene Therapy workplace. Upon completion of the Modern Apprenticeship in Life Sciences you will achieve an HNC in Applied Sciences (or HND if you already hold an HNC), SVQ in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities and Core Skills certification in addition to valuable industry experience.