(at end of programme)
12 – 18 months duration
depending on prior experience/ learning
£4,500 maximum funding cap available from Apprenticeship Levy
(including an optional embedded ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers qualification)
Team Leader / Supervisor
Managing teams and projects to meet a the organisation’s goals across Advanced Therapies.
A team leader is a first line management role with operational and project responsibilities for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals with key responsibilities including supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational goals, resolving problems and building relationships internally and externally.
Occupational Roles include: Supervisor, Team Leader, Project Officer, Shift Supervisor, First Line Manager and Shift Manager.
- Knowledge of leading people, managing people and building relationships.
- Knowledge of communication styles.
- Operational management, project management, resource management.
- Awareness of self, management of self.
- Knowledge of decision making tools and communication.
- Knowledge of organisational governance and compliance to deliver within budget.
- Interpersonal excellence in managing people and developing relationships.
- Organisational performance and delivering results against targets.
- Personal effectiveness and decision making.
- Takes responsibility – drive to achieve, demonstrates resilience and accountability.
- Determination when managing difficult situations.
- Inclusive – Open, approachable, authentic and able to build trust with others.
- Agile – Flexible to the needs of the organisation and the team.
- Professional – Sets an example, and is fair, consistent and impartial.
- Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their Apprenticeships. Will need to be in an early supervisory role, usually with 5 GCSEs or equivalent.
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to endpoint assessment.
- For those with an education, health and care plan, the English and maths minimum requirement is entry Level 3.
- At the end of the apprenticeship apprentices will have completed a Level 3 apprenticeship in team leadership and attain a ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers and have skills required to manage a small team.
- On completion, candidates can register with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management at Associate level, and can work towards Chartered Management or Senior Leadership where appropriate roles are developing.
Training provider analysis
This is a popular apprenticeship standard used widely across sectors. Training provider analysis identified a number of potential organisations that deliver a Level 3 Team Leadership apprenticeship. TRN Ltd have been identified as a quality provider who can offer a blended learning approach on a national basis across England.